- 1 bag (approx 1 C) Sunshine Nut Co. Sprinkling of Salt cashews
- 1 C unsweetened shredded coconut, separated into 1/2 cups
- 10 pitted dates
- Tbsp of any nut or seed butter
- a dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 Tbs coconut oil
- Soak the dates in hot water for 30 minutes to soften.
- Blend all the ingredients in a food processor except a 1/2 cup of the unsweetened shredded coconut. This should take around 2 minutes, scraping the sides occasionally, to create a soft, wet dough
- Pour the dough into a bowl and mix with the remaining 1/2 cup of coconut shreds and mix until the coconut is evenly blended into the dough.
- (Optional) Put the dough in the refrigerator to harden for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough into small, bite size balls. Recipe makes approximately 24 balls.
- Store in refrigerator or freezer to snack on-the-go!