- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup flaxseed powder
- 2/3 cup desiccated unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup chopped dates
- 2 Tbsp cashew butter
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and arrange oats on bare baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until slightly toasted (for flavor). Reduce oven heat to 325 degrees F (162 C).
- While the oats are baking, add cashews, flaxseed meal, desiccated coconut, and sea salt to a large mixing bowl and stir. Set aside. Once oats are toasted, add to the mixing bowl along with chopped dates. Loosely stir to combine and set aside.
- Add cashew butter, coconut oil, and maple syrup to a small saucepan and bring to a low boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Then remove from heat and immediately add to the oats.
- Use a mixing spoon mix thoroughly, ensuring that the dates and the cashew butter mixture are evenly dispersed and coating all of the dry ingredients.
- Add the mixture to a parchment-lined 8×8-inch baking pan and spread into an even layer. Then top with another layer of parchment paper and press down with something flat – such as a measuring cup – to press into an even, uniform layer.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (162 C) for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan. Transfer to the freezer to speed cooling time. Once cooled, lift out of the pan and slice into desired number of bars.
- Optional: Melt dark chocolate and drizzle it on top for an added chocolate layer!